MARATHON NUMBER 10 AND 4TH MARATHON THIS YEAR HAPPY DAYS



Pictures and Story of the big day enjoy i hope lol





















I knew it would be hard. I knew I would be pushing me to the limits. What I didn't know is that this marathon would prove to be one of the hardest and most fun experiences ever - and that I could hold a beaming smile on my face for under than 4 hours.At the Finish line each of us, in turn, received our medals, waddled around in our mylar blankies and looked around for friends and loved ones in the throng --- it finally hit me --- I had completed my 10TH marathon in just under 3 years and at this rate it will take me another 22 years to get to 100,but thats my goal before i turn 60 I am a very young 38 now and came to marathon running very late in life as i was a Fat Bastard for most of it.

People say that training for a marathon is worse than the marathon itself. And while putting in the necessary miles takes plenty of planning and time, I have quickly became accustomed to pounding the pavement, doing extra loads of sweaty laundry, and building up a great library of iTunes for running music. Running was built into my routine and I had courses mapped out from my home in macroom. I have watched my body become different, stronger…and smaller losing alot of weight So i ask Can a man change? I suppose so. I'm not done yet, I want more. A lot more. Come 2011 I will try I don't know if I will make it or not, all I do know is I have changed.If you want to run, run a mile. If you want an Experience run a marathon.

The 2010 edition of the Florence Marathon runs on Sunday November 28,starts from Viale Michelangelo. Indeed, the big news is that this year the city center boulevards, the so called “Viali”, will be part of the new route.The route was 42,195 kilometers, the same distance between the city of Marathon and Athens in Greece.thousands of people from all over the world participate in the event. The number of participants has already reached over 10000.
The Marathon will start from the scenic Piazzale Michelangelo. The city was crossed in all directions and the green Cascine Park crossed at a third of the race. The last portion of the marathon was in the heart of the city, running along Palazzo Pitti, Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, with arrival in the splendid Piazza Santa Croce.

Comments

Popular Posts